Rikkyo University, Tokyo, Japan
As the time ticks close and closer to departing back to the states, it’s really hard to feel positive about it.
I’ve witnessed my own friends go through reverse culture shock.. Even supporting them has it’s really hard moments, I’m a little worried what it will be like for me to return to the states. I already
have a huge list of things I’m concerned about. But I think it’s important to try and remind yourself of the positives, so I wanted to write about the things I’m looking forward to.
- Living with 3 of the most amazing, least judgmental, fun people I have met in uni-life.
- Cheaper groceries/Easily being able to shop for ingredients to cook at home.
- Being able to climb a tree and run around barefoot with out seeming weird.
- Encouraging others to go abroad.
- Getting a job. (I miss making an income)
- Cheap ice cream.
- Feeling smart in my language classes.
- Last minute plans being acceptable.
- HUGGING MY ANIMALS.
- Planning new adventures.
To look at these things, it doesn’t seem like anything compared to the almost year I’ve spent here. And there are so many things I will miss about living in Japan. I know it’s going to be hard to adjust. But even these little things can make me smile. So hopefully I can keep a positive attitude as my time here comes to an end and I return to the States.